Monday, August 04, 2008

Month 2


Well we are getting settled into the routine. We worked our keisters off to get the shop presentable by our first Yappy Hour at the end of July. Unforunately we didn't have too many attendees, if fact we had only 2. I open the shop door for drop off and pick up to get it noticed and we have gotten a great response. The shop just wasn't getting any notice inside the house. We have sold some merchandise and I have 2 orders for paintings already.
There's still a bit of work to do with getting the grooming area finished, but it's coming along nicely. I've bought a bit of new merchandise and am planning a larger order probably next month. August and September are the lean months due to back to school. I want to have a huge Howloween Party in October so I'll be sure to have the new stuff by then. It's been pretty fun shopping around online for dog products. I want to find eco-friendly, recycled, and/or local products to sell. I also want to do some more handmade stuff. A friend's mom is working of felted dogs and dog blankies. She said she'd also do some sweaters for winter.
Now that the house is mostly empty, I'm anxious to get some stuff moved in. Definitely living room furniture since right now we have a tiny tv on a discarded table with a folding chair. The master bedroom needs the most work since that was where the groomer was. We are going to need to redo the floors in there and get rid of the remaining stuff.
On another note, I'm starting to freak out about the wedding since I only have 2 months left. I'm waiting for the invites so we can get those out and tomorrow I'm going to put in the rental order for the reception tableware. Then I need to figure out how many centerpieces I need so I can put in a flower order.
So I'm keeping plenty busy :)

No comments: